maanantai 29. elokuuta 2016

Kuukauden kuvat // Pictures of the Month

This months theme? Festival visitors, frequent and not so frequent ones!

Morrissey @ Ruisrock, Turku 9.7.2006

Morrissey is not a stranger to Finland but the gaps between his shows have been minimum two years so can't really label him as the most frequent flyer to this place. At the time of this gig Morrissey and The Smiths were just names that I had seen some of the bands I listened to mention as their influence/someone they looked up so my musical knowledge was just some of the biggest The Smiths hits. For me seeing Moz live wasn't a near religious experience like to some of the other ones next to me at the front -who were so fanatic it was a bit scary. I do remember how effortlessly he sang and how good it sounded. Text is lacking so onto the pics!

Now when looking back at the setlist from the gig that was pretty cool aye. Oh and I was at the front cos I wanted to secure a good spot for Tool. Epic shizzle! -kilu

The Sounds @ Qstock, Oulu 24.7.2015

When you see The Sounds in a Finnish summer festival's lineup (and that's quite often!) you usually go yay instead of nay. I was looking forward to this gig, since they were headlining and hadn't been in the country in a while. The Sounds is a band that always delivers, or so I thought. It turned out that I was sorely mistaken. This was the lamest show I've ever seen from them. I kept wondering what the hell happened to this band, they used to be top of their class! It felt like everything was in slow-motion and even the biggest hits didn't make my dancing legs twitch. I didn't stay to watch the encore because I was so bored and thus opted for getting a good night's sleep.

They played here three times this summer. I didn't see them, but friends who did told me that they loved the shows. I truly hope that the yawn-worthy Qstock gig was just an odd and rare exception that won't be repeated.

- juoksepoistytto

Previous Pictures of the Month posts:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti